I love, love, love creating beautiful vignettes. From the entry room table to the dining room table, no place is safe from my design aspirations! This is especially true during the holidays.
When looking for inspiration for a vignette or centerpiece, I consider several things:
- Available Materials and Accessories
We recently collaborated with Quinn & Foster for a New Year’s Eve themed style shoot. My friend, Teri, generously invited us into her home for our collaboration.
When considering the decor for the photo shoot, I wanted it to compliment the existing environment. Teri has decorated her home with warm colors and natural woods, thus creating a cozy and inviting feel for her family and guests. With this in mind, I decided upon a Rustic Glam theme for the decor.
For a Rustic Glam feel, I incorporated the following elements:
- Wood trays and bowls.
- Seasonal greens.
- Mixed metals.
- Sparkly accessories.
- Colors: black, white, creams, silver, gold and green.
All of this fit seamlessly into Teri’s home.
For this holiday table, we are looking at one that is perfect for Christmas dinner, and then will transition nicely for a New Year’s Eve celebration. Greens and metallics are perfect for any Winter season celebration.
For your Christmas Dinner, you can add a pop of red with any of the following:
- Glassybabies or other votive holders.
- Small poinsettias.
- A few sprigs of holly.
Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have an abundance of natural evergreen elements that are literally in our backyard. I have a Weeping Cedar tree that flourishes and provides me with boundless amounts of beautiful branches. For this tablescape, I envisioned greenery and ribbons that cascaded over the side of the table. The Weeping Cedar provided the perfect natural elements to bring my vision to life!
Available Materials and Accessories:
I love scouting local businesses for special items that freshen up my existing collection of accessories and entertaining/serving pieces. Urban Collective has a beautiful collection of votive holders, vases, etc. that fit perfectly into the Rustic Glam theme. I love the antique looking finish on many of their pieces! The marbled paper table runner completed the cascading table decor that I was looking for.
Olio Flowers, located within Urban Collective, has a great selection of seasonal greens and flowers on hand for your entertaining needs. I choose some beautiful white mums that completed the desired natural elements for the table setting.
Per usual, I also dig into my existing supply of entertaining goods and accessories. For this event I pulled out the following:
- Clear green glassybabies (the color is Gem). In addition to being votive holders, they also make the perfect vases for the white mums.
- Faux bois pillar candles, with a white base and metallic details.
- Ribbons of all colors! I have several shades of satin ribbon on hand, choosing black and white along with some gold organza ribbon. My favorite is the wide black and white stripe ribbon. It added the perfect amount of whimsy for the table and complimented the existing black elements in Teri’s dining room.
- And an adorable mercury glass bird that completed the look.
I hope that this has inspired you to add some new and fun elements to your holiday tables!
Thanks to the following:
Amy Slusher Photos:
Urban Collective, Paper Table Runner, Candle Pillars and Votive Holders:
Olio Flowers for the White Mums: