With Mother’s Day right around the corner, what better way to celebrate than with a Mother/Daughter Garden Party! A stylish garden party is a great way to honor the special mothers in your life. While celebrating mom and enjoying the outdoors is a great way to welcome the warmer weather, we here in the PNW can’t always count on said weather to cooperate!
So, we decided to create this charming garden party that brings the outdoors in! Party highlights to look for:
- Moss table runner and decor from Spring Decor: Bringing the Outdoors In.
- Whimsical garland swag over dining room table.
- Homemade treats that incorporate our garden party theme with fresh flowers.
- Moss and floral photo backdrop, featuring: Pozie by Natalie.
Setting the Scene
For a garden party, the theme basically sets itself. Simply decide on your favorite flowers and go for it! That being said, no two garden party’s are the same, as the flower options are bountiful and plenty. The following includes elements that we used, plus some more ideas to think about:
- The moss table runner creates an ideal launching point for our Spring vignette and party decor. It’s the perfect foundation to bring in bright colored fruit and flowers, reminiscent of an English garden.
- Adding vintage china and colorful pottery to the mix gives the table an eclectic flea market vibe. Thus, adding a nice juxtaposition to the fresh flowers and fruit.
- Why not choose beautiful flower arrangements or potted plants that can pull double duty as decor and Mother’s Day gifts.
- You can also encompass your spring garden plans by using potted plants and flowers that you can later replant in your outdoor garden.
The beauty of a garden party is that you can tailor it to your own personal style. Here is a list of Garden Party theme suggestions:
- Modern and minimal with metallic accents and white/ivory/blush colored flowers.
- English garden with chintz linens, mixed china patterns and lusterware teacups and vases.
- Folliage based with a few large single flowers scattered in low vases. Eucalyptus or boxwood are an ideal base for this. I have multiple boxwoods at my house, so I just clipped some branches and literally bring the outdoors in!
The primrose, above, is as cute as can be. And it also creates the perfect gift for mom!
Botanical Inspired Confections
There are many ways to feature your favorite flora in your sweets. The following are just a few ideas:
- Top your cake or cupcakes with violets or other edible flowers.
- Infuse your cake with vanilla and lavendar and top with lavendar sprigs.
- Strawberry fruit tarts garnished with fresh rosemary and strawberry blooms.
- Sugar cookies in flower shapes. Or, you can take it a step further and create a garden scene reminiscent of Monet with sprinkles (see below).
Garden Style Garland
In putting together this swag, I simply pulled together elements that I already owned, from the light blue ricrac ribbon to the triangle banner created from scrapbook paper. I also used the boxwood branches from my garden and created a swag by connecting the individual branches with floral wire.
Don’t be afraid to be creative and mix together ribbons that you have in your gift wrapping collection. The dollar store is also a great place to pick up some pom-pom garland that look like big, fluffy flowers.
Strike a Pose
Looking back to when my children were little, I wish that I had some fun and framable pictures from some of the many festive parties that we attended. So, when brainstorming for our Mother/Daughter party, we definitely wanted to create a photo backdrop worthy of a gallery wall!
Using the same moss as the table runner for the back drop creates a cohesive look for the garden party. The trailing flowers, from Pozie by Natalie, provides the perfect balance for the photos.
My favorite part of the photo shoot was when Layla and Lily (below) asked if they could hold hands! Could they be more adorable??!!!
Look at those faces! Brooke, with her big, bright eyes and Emma’s barely contained excitement! Below, both sporting charming outfits from Salt and Rain.
Now that the scene is set, it’s time to have fun! Capturing candid shots is the perfect way to remember the fun moments of the party.
Haley and Erika are picture perfect below, with hair and makeup by Enhancing your by Kenna.
Stay tuned for the Party Swag for Little Girls post!
Amy Slusher Photos:
Pozie by Natalie, Natalie Ransom:
Enhancing you by Kenna (hair and makeup):
Salt and Rain (Brooke and Emma’s tops & pants and Lily’s skirt):
Erika Buse www.instagram.com/cantrellgrp/
with Layla and Lily Buse
Haley Parker www.instagram.com/haleyparkerstyle/
with Brooke and Emma Parker